Our Medical staff at FCHC Cancer Care include Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, and a Hematologist. Our Oncology nurses are all trained in chemotherapy administration. We also offer a closer nurse/patient relationship, as well as educational and informational programs for our patients and the community. There is a nurse on call after hours, on weekends, and holidays, to address patient or family concerns that may arise.
We also have discharge planning, which is an ongoing process between the patient, family, nurse, and any other help that may be needed in the home setting.
Our new treatment room facility offers a wide variety of special features that include:
- Lazy-boy type chairs with individual stereo system and TV for each chair
- Private treatment room with a bed (for those who cannot sit in the chairs)
- An easy access, private entrance
- Larger bathrooms that are wheelchair accessible
- Private interview rooms to discuss patient problems
- Snack area in treatment room for patients
- Large, private waiting room for patients and family
In addition to treating patients, FCHC Cancer Care also offers a wide variety of support services to patients, families, and the community. We offer educational materials and programs, as well as other services to help patients and families cope with the diagnosis and stress of their disease.
- Counseling Services – We provide counseling for nutrition, emotional and coping concerns, as well as end of treatment concerns.
- Lymphedema Clinic – Located in the FCHC Rehabilitation Center at 719 South Shoop Avenue in Wauseon. Includes specialists from physical therapy who are trained to treat patients with lymphedema.
- Prosthesis and Wig Bank – Available for patients who cannot afford to purchase their own.