There are many services offered through occupational medicine. They include:
- Pre-employment and DOT (Department of Transportation) physicals
- Ohio Police & Fire Pension Fund Exams
- Worker’s Compensation Initial Visit or Follow-up Visits
- OSHA Approved Audiometric Exams
- Vision exam that offers testing for near and far vision, depth perception, and color blindness
- N-95 Respirator Fit Testing
- Respirator Clearance Form Approval/Exam for Respirator Use
- Pre-employment, Random and Post-Accident DOT and Non-DOT Drug Screening/Breath Alcohol Testing
- Coordinate completing the following tests as needed during physical exams: Physical Therapy (PT) Flexibility Exam, Basic Pulmonary Function Testing
Contact FCHC’s Occupational Medicine staff if you are interested in any of the listed services or would like FCHC’s Occupational Medicine Director, providers and RN Manager to come to your facility for a visit to discuss services and take a tour to evaluate jobs performed in your workplace.
With the staffing shortages most companies are dealing with today, it is important to make sure employees get the care they need right away to return them back to work as safely and quickly as possible. The Occupational Medicine Department at Fulton County Health Center provides quality care and treatment of work-related injuries and illnesses. Our Occupational Medicine Program is designed to help area businesses promote a healthy work force and help employees return to their job as soon as possible after an injury. Through the Occupational Medicine Program, employees have full access to all of the professional healthcare staff and services Fulton County Health Center has to offer.
Since most work-related injuries need treatment right away, FCHC Occupational Medicine has been working closely with FCHC’s Urgent Care on a partnership to provide the best continuity of care for our patients and companies. Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine communicate frequently regarding injuries seen in their area and the follow-up needed by Occupational Medicine. Follow-up appointments are scheduled either during the Urgent Care visit or contact information for Occupational Medicine is given to the employee to schedule an appointment for further evaluation. Occupational Medicine continues to offer follow-up for work related injuries seen in FCHC’s emergency department or other outside facilities as well.
The Occupational Medicine Department is located in the FCHC North Medical Office Building on the first floor, Suite 101. Occupational Medicine is staffed from 7-3:30pm Monday through Friday with Drug Screening open from 7-4pm. Please contact Occupational Medicine at 419-330-2660 for any questions about our services or further discussion of which services we can provide to meet your needs.