Our Medical staff at the Rainbow Hematology/Oncology Treatment Center include Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, and a Hematologist. Our Oncology nurses are all trained in chemotherapy administration. We also offer a closer nurse/patient relationship, as well as educational and informational programs for our patients and the community. There is a nurse on call after hours, on weekends, and holidays, to address patient or family concerns that may arise.
We also have discharge planning, which is an ongoing process between the patient, family, nurse, and any other help that may be needed in the home setting.
The Rainbow Hematology/Oncology Treatment Center has been part of the National Cancer Institutes Research Programs since 1990. We offer patients participation in various national clinical trials that are available, and for those that qualify for participation in the protocol study. We have two nurse data managers on staff that are in charge of the protocols and screen patients for eligibility into these protocols.
Our new Treatment Room facility offers a wide variety of special features that include:
- Lazy-boy type chairs with individual stereo system and TV for each chair
- Private treatment room with a bed (for those who cannot sit in the chairs)
- An easy access, private entrance
- Larger bathrooms that are wheelchair accessible
- Private interview rooms to discuss patient problems
- Snack area in treatment room for patients
- Large, private waiting room for patients and family
In addition to treating patients, the Rainbow Hematology/Oncology Treatment Center also offers a wide variety of support services to patients, families, and the community. We offer educational materials and programs, as well as other services to help patients and families cope with the diagnosis and stress of their disease.
- Counseling Services – We provide counseling for nutrition, emotional and coping concerns, as well as end of treatment concerns.
- American Cancer Society Services on Site – “Look Good/Feel Better”, Patient Navigator and Cancer Resource Center (Cancer information)
- American Cancer Society Programs by referral – “Reach to Recovery” and “Road to Recovery”
- Lymphedema Clinic – An outpatient clinic that includes specialists from nursing, physical therapy, and massage therapy who are trained to work together in treating patients with lymphedema.
- Prosthesis and Wig Bank – Available for patients who cannot afford to purchase their own.