Until further notice, all FCHC facilities are currently restricting all visitors. These limited visitation rules apply to the hospital and physician offices.
We recognize that there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. In these cases, visitors will be allowed based on the exceptions listed below. Please note in all cases a visitor will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath). Additionally, children under the age of 16 will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances. Exceptions include:
- Obstetric patients may have one partner or one birth support person accompany them.
- For the Nursery:
- Birth parent plus one significant other. Must stay in the room for the duration of the visit
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have limited visitors.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where the staff determine a visitor is key to their care may have one visitor.
- Patients who have an altered mental status or developmental delay/s and/or disability (where caregiver provides safety) may have 1 visitor.
- Minors under the age of 18 may have one visitor: parent/s, or guardian/s.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have 1 visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery.
- Patients who have an appointment at laboratory, or radiology may have 1 person with them under the provisions specified above or for safety.
- Emergency Department:
- Pediatric patients under 18: One designated parent/guardian
- One visitor if needed for safety, behavioral, mental status, developmental delay
- End of life – limited visitors
- The ED waiting room is closed to visitors. They must reside in their vehicle or other location. Visitor contact information should be left with ED staff as applicable for all notifications.
Visitors allowed, must stay in the patient’s room throughout the entire length of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the medical center. Phone calls to your loved ones are welcomed. You will be asked to designate one family member to be the main point of contact for all medical updates. That individual may call the nurses station for any updates they or questions they may have on their loved one.
Please note that visitors will not be allowed for patients with a pending or positive COVID-19 test.
Fulton Manor is currently restricting all visitors. Exceptions will be considered for extenuating circumstances, such as hospice patients, or when a visitor is essential for the patient’s emotional well-being and care.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Ensuring our patients and employees are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our first priority.